Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm a grumpy old troll...

What. A. Week.  I intend to whine and complain, so feel free to leave at this point if necessary...

My mood tonight reminds me of that song from Dora that has a cute ring to it and talks about the grumpy old troll, who lives under the bridge.  Those who know me well, know that I cannot handle vomit.  Just the word makes me gag.  I inherited this dislike from my father, who also instantly gags at the sight, smell, or mention of it.  I will be taking up this issue with my heavenly father when I go home for good...why on earth did he feel the need to torture all of us with this yucky bodily function.  Honestly, I would rather have strep throat any day!

So we start out with Eli on Sunday night, me (Mom) at 1:30 am last night, Luke at 9:30 pm, and Isabelle at 10:30 pm.  This is the first time I can remember that we have ever had this many sick ones at once.  Usually one or two will get it and I manage to disinfect well enough that the rest escape.  The most unfortunate part of this viral bug is that only one of us so far has known to use the toilet.  Thankfully we have lots of wood floors and I had thought ahead to remove crib bumpers and extra bedding just in case.

Thanking the good Lord for Ben!  He doesn't do diarrhea (head to toe doesn't even phase me), but he rocks when it comes to kids and stomach contents.  He came home early from school today, and is going to stay home to help tomorrow.  Definitely wins the Daddy of the year award!

Ahhhh, thanks for letting me whine.  I'm off to me warm, flat, coca-cola...

No comments: